Friday, March 14, 2008

Girls Weekend...away. :(

Well, you girls went away...hope you are enjoying your nice comfy beds that so gently cradle you as you aren't jarred into desperation by blood-curling screams throughout and the night. Yeah...4 different times...from 1:20 a.m until after 5....yeah, grumpy here is a sight for sore eyes, let me tell ya! Sure wish I was there you guys! This is the only year I am going to allow this to happen! :) You know me, can't believe there is a party going on and I'm not there! I smell beach air...even if it is another year away.

Things here are busy. Dad has good days and bad days, and now mom is scheduled for a EDG in two weeks to make sure we are doctoring a possible ulcer and nothing else. At 70, she is scared, and so are we, but I am trying really hard to keep my negative thought pattern in check. Plaid, anyone? Paul is coaching Caleb's TBall team and they both are having a blast. The girls are getting so big, and definitely don't look like 3 year olds. :( I'm busy with illustrating and getting jobs lined out. Paul and I met one of the authors of the book series and really liked her and her husband. I had a conference call yesterday with the other author who lives in Maryland. So, all of that to say, we hope we can get the copyrights and the first book published by the end of the year. Since the main character is a little black girl, I am studying every little black girl I see...mothers look at me strange. :) In between all of our errands this weekend, I will have my sketch book...I think it will become part of me before long. Erin, have you ever heard of The Institute of Children's Literature in Connecticut? Just wondering.

Now for this healthy living thing...doing okay...Paul and I have both made a lot of little changes, and now we just have to get exercising more. His work schedule is crazy and it even looks like he will become a shift supervisor before the end of summer and so that means chaotic scheduling for the whole family. Hopefully, we will get our pool up by the end of April. Not sure if we will be able to use it by then...the weather here is crazy. Today is to be in the 80s, and two days ago we were in the 30s. I think I have finally stretched out my "pulled glute." (never knew you could pull that, but you can) My left knee still swells, and then my right butt cheek feels like it is on fire. NICE. I cracked myself up going into WalMart the other day...naturally limping with the knee, and walking very gingerly with the right leg-afraid of the incredible, instant, stabbing pain that happened if too much weight was placed, etc. It looked like I was having seizures or something. The poor little greeter was hesitant to even say hello. I'm surprised that she didn't run over and get the little rascal scooter for me. I laughed at the image I gave myself...I almost peed my pants....wouldn't that have been a vision....gimpy all wet!!!:) All of that to say, I am feeling much better now...took it easy for a few days (had no other choice), and am now able to climb into the van and tie my shoes without a grimace on my face! woowoo.

Okay, this bible study? We doing it? I'll check Lifeway here to see if they carry the study and I will let you know. I'm in! I've had to give up the Beth Moore study for now. I missed so many meetings and got so far behind that there was no way to catch back up to the class. I am getting the whole series with DVD after the study is over so I can do it here at home on my pace. So, look for some good things coming your way on that.

I will probably need to use this blog for some therapy...been a little down with just the family illness stuff and been doing ok. I just now see some warning signs with the depression and so I may need to get back on the Wellbutrin for the time being. Red lights are flashing...I feel like Will Robinson. :) All in all though, I'm hanging in there and trying to do what God has for me to do here. I miss you two greatly! Never thought I would be so torn about wanting to live in two different places!!! So, know that I love you guys and I hope you are having fun this weekend. After we get this debt under God's control, I'll be able to fly up whenever I want. :) Live like no one else to be able to later live like no one else!

Have a great weekend...no tattoos!

Sam'

No comments: