Monday, March 31, 2008

Bible Study?

Okay girls, I got my Bible Study. Erin, did you get yours? If so, when are we starting? I actually cheated and have done the first day, but plan on starting it all over when you guys want to begin. Dad was released to come home tonight...treatment will be from home for the next 8 weeks and then they will reevaluate. I'm tired, but my success is that I went for a brisk 20 minute walk today, pushing a double stroller (Niki's kids), against a 40 mph wind gust. Okay, maybe not 40, but it felt like it. The good thing is that my knees aren't hurting, but my legs "feel" tired, so I guess that is a good thing. I don't mind that feeling at all, if for the right reasons. As I said in one of my emails, this ordeal with dad has truly given my a whole new look on this temple God calls my body. Wow! How convicting...and that is what got me walking. I really didn't have the time for it, but I thought I don't want to say I wished I would have exercised when I was younger. So my success: I not only exercised, I kept a food diary and did well with my eating. Paul took us out to dinner after Caleb's game and I even withheld some gluttony. Woowoo. Mexican is always a challenge for me, but I left pleasantly full, and didn't feel guilty eating it because of my moderation of the day. Hmmm...maybe there IS something to this. So with that, I am now going to get some sleep and hope to do it all again tomorrow. Blog girls, blog...reading yours is therapeutic for me. Now there, did that work? :) I love you guys and will call when I can. The next couple of weeks will be hard as we will be working on unusual schedules. Please keep my mom in your prayers as well. I take her for the cat scan on Thursday. Get focused, Stay focused, Live focused. (wow...that sounds good...maybe I will write a book :))


Love you,

Sam'

No comments: