Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dear Sam'

Dear Sam',

You had way too much sugar today. However, you didn't overeat, you just ate the wrong things. I'm proud of you for busting your butt and your knees during the grueling 50 minute Biggest Loser Cardio workout! I didn't think you would have it in you with not exercising at all last week, but you've dug back in this week and have two successful days. With the stress you've been under lately, you should be proud. Keeping yourself mentally and emotionally charged is going to be crucial in the next couple of months. Check out those Praise Moves (Christian yoga) and go from there! The ball is now rolling. I like your new thinking after tonight's Biggest Loser episode...changing the word "exercising" to "training." Exercising has such a negative connotation to it...nothing to look forward to. "Training" on the other hand, has something you are working toward...something to look forward to...something that says, "I've sat that goal, and I'm on my way to achieving it!" Way to go...it all starts in the mind. If I can allow the Lord to change that, then the weight loss will follow. Look at you, ...starting to take care of yourself! And, your toenails are pretty too!

Me.



Dear Michelle and Erin,

Please pardon me, but I had to do that. For whatever reason, I am finding my inter dialog changing and I need to document that, so don't be surprised to see Dear Sams. How are you two? Blog! Blog! Blog! Even if it is just 5 mins during your busy day. I'm doing all I can to get the proper amount of sleep these days. That has been hard the last couple of weeks...either staying at the hospital, or just dreading the worst will be soon, but sleep hasn't been my friend. With that, instead of giving up and forgetting it all, I've decided that it is okay to allow time for myself first. By the time I get back home from dropping Caleb off at school, it is about 8:45. With a little pick up of the house, bible study, and exercise, I am busy until lunch. I normally would put the exercise off until the evening, and then it would never get done...I'm too tired by that time. I'm okay (for now) with the 8 loads of laundry still on the love seat waiting to be folded, and now ironed. In order for me to drop this weight, I am going to have to put God first, and me second...no matter what time I get out of bed. Looking back on today, I am so glad I decided to work out at 10:30 until hoping I would do it later. Now, I'm happy to say my knees are killing me and are waiting for some ice, but my heart is smiling! This...Peter/Paul thing stinks! :) So, I will take my happy little heart to rub down my frowning knees with heated muscle rub, and go to bed. Here is my last plea...I need you guys to post!!! I don't think I can properly explain how much I need it and how much I get out of reading from the two of you. Also, what do you guys think about arranging a certain type of workout schedule that all of us can do on the same days of the week? Now Erin, you can't go expect me to run miles, but I thought this would be a good way to break our training up. What do you think? Each of us can pick 3 exercises a piece, weight used, etc and encourage each of us to do them that day. It would definitely change routines up. I'm strictly thinking weight training stuff...maybe with some cardio. Don't know. Ya'll think about it. I'm going to bed. Love you!

Sam'

No comments: