Monday, July 14, 2008

Who?

Okay, I have to admit, it is now 10:30 and I am just finishing my study for week 7, day 1. I haven't been feeling well, and this morning was no different. I had hoped to get up and get Paul and the kids off to Bible School, stay up, do my study, and then start on my house. Of course it never goes to plan. My whole body hurts and I didn't rest well last night because of it, and so on. So, I got everyone on their way and went back to sleep. Or at least tried to...when I ache like this, I have found a connection between my pain and the weird dreams I have. After battling things I shouldn't have been thinking/dreaming about, I got up to answer my mom's phone call. She needed to vent, and to be honest, I really didn't want to be the one to listen. I personally think it is a bunch of bull, yada, yada, yada, and so I tried hard to steer her away from it. Long story short, I think she is feeling a little lonely and needs someone to take her on a few errands. Now my schedule looks like it is going to be quiet full without VBS, and I think that kind of stinks! Okay, can I whine anymore? I should be grateful I have this opportunity with my mom, right? I need to change my attitude! So, I went to weigh in before I start my day and to my surprise, I have lost a little more weight since leaving for vacation. How did that happen? That was a little pick me up. I did today's lesson and reviewed what I could (I had forgotten that I did this one when in TN.) I am amazed at our God. It is so hard for me to truly understand that the God we study in the OT is the same, wonderful, powerful God who calls out to me today, who answers me today, and who convicts my heart of my sorry attitude today! The funny thing is that questions #3, part B, I skipped when I did this before because I just didn't have an answer, or either I didn't fully understand the question. This morning however, God showed me that my anxiety is no different than Moses. Moses question God why would he choose him to do such a daunting task. Moses immediately questioned his own self worth, but God had CHOSEN Moses to do this...just like HE has CHOSEN US to overcome this eating thing. So, the overwhelming part is that "God has specifically chosen us to do this...if not, it wouldn't have been so to do this study." The great I AM has chosen me to be a woman of moderation. WOW. Yeah, attitude changed! Check! Now, I need to do a few things before I go and minister to my wonderful mother. Pray for her today. My heart truly aches because they don't know Jesus. Pray for me. How can I show them Jesus if my heart/attitude doesn't change.

Okay, got to go. Love y'all. Thanks again for everything you are to me! And thanks Erin, Caleb wants a cake like that for his birthday too! Yeah.

Sam'

No comments: