Monday, June 9, 2008

And an update on Me!

Ahhh...what a nice weekend! We had a fabulous time! We had 3 other girls go with us, but my dear friend put me in a bedroom/bathroom all by myself! LAAAAAAA! The silence and not having to entertain was awesome! Laughed a lot, cried some, and pondered some heavy stuff...all great! Of course, within 30 mins of being home, I had to threaten with "Mr. Spoon" and of course the house could tell I'd been gone, which was kinda of comforting...I never think you can tell when I've worked my hiney off. I now know that there IS a difference between controlled chaos and crazy chaos! :) The kids had a great time with daddy...movies, theater, popcorn, pizza, the works!

As for the study... I loved last weeks...had to share it with the girls over the weekend. I did do Day 1 week 6 this morning in the midst of TV, the girls, and Niki's two little ones chasing each other under my feet. Will need to review tonight.

Paul's 93 year old Granny has gotten ill and is currently in the hospital. Last update as of today is that she may have a couple of weeks. Keep in mind that 6 years ago they told us that she had 6 months to live. Yeah, testy old fart! Anyway, Granny looks to be entering the last stages so please pray for Jan. She is calling me about 3 times a day having to make decisions, etc. She was to move Granny to a nursing home/health care today, but now Granny needs a blood transfusion and there are great risk with that. Losing her immediately is one of them. They think there may be some internal bleeding somewhere, but that has yet to be confirmed. Bottom line...a transfusion will not help with the 4 weeks or so. ???? So, please pray for all of us as we prepare for this. Paul thought he was ready to lose her, but has recently confessed this is hard for him. Granny has been ready and WILLING to go for years now, so it will be a definite celebration for her. It is just hard to see her go. Pray that we honor her and the Lord as we enter all of this. All of that being said, I may be calling you guys from Michigan before too long. :), I mean :(.

Love you and will be in touch soon.

Sam'

No comments: