Friday, June 13, 2008

Dear Sleeping Beauty...

I say that with jest. Michelle, it is always good to learn life lessons, but don't beat yourself up too hard. We all are having struggles with this study. I just now feel as if I'm starting to "get it." I think the next time we go through it, I will be ready...ready to TRULY do the study, and not just read it. As I said before, I wish I could say that I get up early every morning to be with the Lord, but I just simply wake up early...sometimes. Others, I sleep until Paul gets me up, or even better, until one of the little beauties say, "Mom, can you get me breakfast now?" Yeah, that makes me feel like I should get "Mommy of the Day." All of that to say, God knows where you are and what needs to be done. Just make sure that you don't fall into my trap...focusing more on what needs to be done and not enjoying any of your day. Your kids will remember if you played with them, not if the house was spotless. And remember, it is Satan who gets us busy and wants to keep us that way. So, if laundry piles up, so be it. We are ALWAYS going to have laundry, right Erin? :) Matter of fact, I'm looking at piles in my floor right now. There, doesn't that make you feel better?

As for Granny, well...she is getting weaker. One moment, Jan thinks it may be within 2 weeks, another moment, she thinks she could last a while like this. This is the little lady who made "6 months to live" stretch into over 6 years. Jan is having a really hard time right now. She is pulled between her mom and Nelson (who is having some severe depression and major anxiety attacks) and I hear some frustration and even resentment in her voice. Bottom line...she is being pulled in too many directions at once. So, we just have to take one day at a time. I'm actually going to take the van in this morning and have the tires balanced and rotated. I have been having dreams that I have a load of people who suddenly show up on my door and my house is a mess...so many things to do and no time. It went from being messy to now having food everywhere and many, many rodents running all over, and people are running around like crazy and screaming! Hmmm...wonder what that is telling me? Thank God the house is sandy, but no food out and no rodents. Okay, well...no rodents. This is what I get for making fun of laundry loads Erin! Anyway, when something does happen, you two will be the first to know.

Well, the birthday girls are up and we need to start our day. Lots to do today! I'll check back in later! Have a good day, all day!

S'

No comments: