Friday, June 13, 2008

He gave me a quiet house and a wakeful mind...




Oddly enough it is 7:26 and I am done. I do my study on the computer. I use Biblegateway.com for any and all versions of the Bible and wordweb for a dictionary/thesaurus. I also found a praise song site that has the titles and lyrics of praise songs as I can never remember them on my own. Justworship.com. So I don't know if it was the fervent prayer, or the cookie, but I stayed awake and I feel pretty good...enough to start folding these 3 loads of clothes sitting next to me on the floor...




I learned, and will hopefully be reminded of during the day, that if I will just be faithful in my attempts to feast on God, to seek Him and to wait to hear what He has to say, He WILL fill me and feed me and satisfy me. I don't feel fed/satisfied by Him and that is because I am not faithful to Him. I want something that I am not willing to be still and look for. I want it to just be there when I want it, like a feast that I didn't help prepare, so-to-speak. The Little Red Hen story comes to mind. Silly analogy, but it's kinda how I feel now. So, that being said, I praise God for the still quiet morning that I am having (except for the sound of the garbage truck passing my house that I neglected to put the trash out for...) and I pray that He will give me remembrance of His word throughout the day, and energy to prepare my house for Ruthie's shower tomorrow afternoon. I pray that I am not like a chicken with my head cut off, scrambling around the house not knowing where to start.




No comments: