Thursday, June 5, 2008

Great week of study!

Good morning. Well, we didn't get a call in last night, but I am up and on my way to a great day. I finished the Song of Solomon study from last week. Boy, is it good! I've never looked at God's courtship of me in that manner. Makes me really aware of how much he loves me and how he sees me as truly beautiful. ...how much I hide from him, and how frantically he searches for me...not forcing me to come out and away with him, but encourages me to do so. ...how darkened I am with my sin, and yet how lovely he thinks I am. This one was truly an eye-opener for me. I started the morning with day 3 and finished up day 5. I will review all of them tonight.


I am fasting today, although quite honestly, I don't want to. But I am keeping that image of God searching for me "over the wall" as Solomon did for his maiden. God knows I don't want to, but I dedicated this day to him and so I know he will bless it. Believe me, I have enough to keep me busy.

I have a busy day cleaning the sand castle, and then I need to pack. Niki and I are going to Dallas for the weekend...just to have some time away. I'm packing my study, and every magazine that I haven't had time for. We are going to relax, eat and shop....all within moderation.


Swimming is coming along. I still don't want to breathe as I go across the pool, and sometimes I even get scared before beginning. But as I learned in today's lesson of the Song, I have to get out there and catch those foxes so they won't have a chance to ruin my vineyard. Keep on praying!

Love you both. Have a great day...all day.

No comments: