Saturday, June 21, 2008

Morning!

Good morning girls. I haven't done any of my study throughout the week because I have slept in and been busy getting ready to leave, etc. (the excuses could go on and on) but bottom line...I hadn't opened my Bible for almost 7 days. Yeah, not good. No excuse is good enough for that. Anyway, God woke me early enough to have some quiet time and to see the sun come up. I love seeing that...I think it is my favorite part of the day. Anyway, I finally got back into the study and completed day 4 of chapter 6. I thought it was pretty cool how the Desert of Sin was named and that the Israelites main problem was food and their ungrateful hearts for what they had. Verse 4 b read as if it were highlighted in neon green in my Bible..."in this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions." Ouch! We always think our sin is just "our sin" and yet we see gluttony has been dealt with for years! Many years! So, I am going to try very hard to apply today's lesson in letting Him feed me physically by never eating without consulting Him first. I need to seek Him for what and how much. This is important to Him, if not, He wouldn't have given specific instructions to the Israelites.

Something to ponder: He gave them bread in the morning and meat at night. I wonder if this is why our diets should contain meat primarily at dinner. Hmmm? Should we be cooking extra on Saturdays?

I can't wait to do this study over again...I really want to dig in!!! There is so much here...wow.

Okay, now for an update on Granny. As of last night, she is no longer on solid foods. Hospice came in yesterday, and she is very weak. What that means, who knows? I'll let you guys know as soon as we hear something. All we have to do is throw are things in a suitcase and we will be off.

I love you guys. Make some time for Him today...I know it is busy with the wedding and all. Michelle, I've been praying that you only speak what God would have you speak. Sometimes God has to remind me that means nothing at all. We just grin and pray a lot. God WILL take care of her. Erin, who knows...Jackson may get his wish after all. :)

Sam'

No comments: