Wednesday, June 11, 2008

True repentance

Morning! I haven't even looked at today's lesson yet...I'm still kind of sick over yesterday's. What a slap in the face. I definitely have not experienced true repentance...hmmm, wonder why? See, even now, it is more of a joke to me than remorseful. I'm experiencing remorse, not repentance. Ouch! So my prayer this morning is for God to break my heart over this. Some days I do great, and I think God would be proud, and other days, I act as if I had no brain at all. Some days I hear that small still prompting and acknowledge it as so, and others I dismiss it as just "one of those voices calling out to me." Arggg! I need my head knowledge to meet with my heart knowledge! With that being said, I need prayer. Please pray that God speaks to me in ways that I understand, and that I will obey. Period! Everything else will fall under that umbrella.

I wish I could say that I woke at 4:43 this morning because I was longing to be in God's Word...that I was longing to be His obedient child, but I can't. Actually I woke with a horrible pain in my stomach...nothing but gas, but very uncomfortable gas, and as soon as I opened my eyes acknowledging my discomfort, I KNEW it was because I ate "something else" late last night. Be it that it was just a piece of bologna on bread...but I still ate it, and I fought myself one hour before I did it. Yeah, He spoke. Yeah, and I understand! Something I learned this week is that gluttony isn't just eating too much, but also eating at the wrong times, etc. Wow...I need to rework my clock! And now I need to open today's lesson. I am really enjoying this, but I feel like I am just NOW "getting" some of it. Michelle I am with you to do this over once we finish! Maybe by then I will be applying how to be a woman of moderation and not just studying about it.

Prayer request for you guys? Specifics?

Please pray for me this week:

1. that God speaks in ways that I understand & I obey
2. that I praise God over small victories
3. that I respond to the kids' discipline and not react
4. that I become a better steward of what God has given me/us.
5. that God hugs us as we prepare for Granny's passing.
6. that my family will give in and give it up to Him
7. that I give God my best and leave the results up to Him. (hard one!...I'm a little "control-freakish" you know. :)

I love you guys and hope to hear from you soon.

Sam'

No comments: