Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fasting Today

Hi. Thanks for your faithfulness, Sam. It is so encouraging to see how God is working in your life. For the last couple weeks, my heart just has not been in this thing. I just haven't felt like dealing with it. So I have ignored it all until this week. I finished Week 5 Day 4 this morning and I really feel amazed by his love for me, for us. With the reality of my sin and the lack of affection I so often have for him, he wants and desires me. It is quite amazing and humbling. I have strayed for two weeks, but he has remained the same.

With that said, I have committed today to him. I did not fast the last two Thursdays (one I excused myself from due to my race, the other Thursday I just didn't for no other reason than I wanted to eat food more than I wanted to feast from him). So today I want to truly repent of my stubborn behavior and I want to truly eat from his Word and satisfy myself in him. Pray for my rebellion and pray that I will continue to seek him.

Sam, I prayed for you today and for your specific requests.
Michelle, I know by checking out your hot bod as of late that you have been "following the rules" that you have put in place for this study. How's your heart?

Love you two!
Later.
E

No comments: