Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Confession Time!

Okay, I have to confess...I just started last week's lesson. I don't know what happened last week-I just got too busy and lost my focus. Don't need to wonder about it, that is just what happened...I flat out didn't do it! My weight this week concurs with that. And so I am plugging away yet again but on last week's lesson.

Okay, confession #2...I really didn't like how this lesson started off. I've always looked at Song of Solomon as a physical love between husband and wife....never saw it as imagery between me and the Lord. Actually, that vision kind of bothered me. Am I too naive or what? I felt as if imagining that was almost sac religious. (Is that how you spell it?) Anyway, it made me feel very uncomfortable.

Okay, confession #3...you can't be mad at God when you are on your knees the night before asking Him to wake you for your study, and He wakes you at 3:59! Yeah, anyway...early to rise lead me through a beautiful understanding of the lesson and wow! As you can tell by my confessions, I didn't/don't have that yearning for intimacy with the Lord. I pray now that I will acquire that longing. I've never read Song of Solomon like this before. I love vs 4...where she is longing for her king to whisk her away...as if saying..."you take the lead, and I will follow...I want to follow." God is wanting to take the lead with food for me. I just need to want to follow. I just need to be submissive to Him and let Him have his way with me...so to speak. (okay, now I am freaked out again. :) The want to follow is so different than the will to follow! Aggg! Let's try to get them on the same page!!! :) Love you girls and hope you have a great day...I am now going to see if I can squeeze 30 mins of zzzzz's in before everyone starts stirring!

Sam'

No comments: