Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back Again!

Hi Ladies. Sorry I've not posted as of late. It has been a little busy with Grandma stuff and kid-watching! Grandma's memorial service was really neat. I was excited to be a part of it (I spoke and blubbered in front of everyone, but that's okay!).

Sam - we all have bad days! I am thankful that we are learning to identify bad days for what they are and confess them right away. That is freedom! Today is a new day for us all and today we can be the women God wants us to be!

I still haven't purchased a scale, but I am quite certain I have not lost one single pound during these past three weeks. I believe that I have just replaced the calories from all that sugar and I have found other things to eat instead. While they may be slightly healthier, I am still having an issue with portion control and mindless eating. Therefore, I have revised my goal to align with the Weight Watchers idea. I have a bunch of stuff on their point system from when my dad did it several years ago and so I have decided to write down and record every single thing I put in my mouth. In addition, I am going to keep track of the points. I started doing this yesterday. I would like to continue my Food Diary through February. I believe that if I do this, I will be more successful at understanding portion control and what an actual portion should be. I also believe that I should drop AT LEAST five pounds (get under 150 pounds) by doing this.

The great news is that Chris has given us the okay to join the YMCA again. And HE is going to join too! I am really excited because I know how much he needs the exercise (mentally and physically). Please pray that I don't nag him but that I can be a huge encourager for him. The kids will be able to take swim lessons again and I will now be able to schedule some workouts during the day. Hooray, this homeschool mom will get an occasional BREAK!! I have not been running AT ALL because it has been so cold and I can't drag myself out of bed - so this should also help toward my end-of-February goal. As you can see, I am very excited, so pray that we utilize it well. Chris said this will be a 3 months trial to see how it goes and then we'll reevaluate.

Back to the idea of tracking everything I put in my mouth. Today the kids had leftover pizza (at 5 points per piece, I went for something else). There was quite a lot of decent looking scraps they left on their plates that usually I would eat. Today, their leftovers went in the trash (sorry starving kids is Africa). The kids were full and I did not want the extra calories. Even these past three weeks I have been doing that kind of mindless eating - I mean, it wasn't sugar! But that doesn't mean it won't keep me fat!

I found a Progresso canned soup that is 0 points. So yesterday, I ate half a can of that with my lunch. Lots of veggies to fill me up, but not a lot of calories to weigh me down.

Hope you two are doing well today. God bless!

No comments: