Saturday, January 5, 2008

Week 1 Down for the Count!

Hey guys...I typed a long blog yesterday, only for it not to go through...I wasn't a happy camper! Anyway, this will probably not be so long, but at least I'm recording. Things are good here...I am at the ...there is nothing sweet in this house /and I'm eating something! mode. Finally got rid of the cookie crisp cereal...speaking of thrifty Michelle, I didn't throw anything away due to the guilt of the ol' bank book! Anyway, the only thing left is the strawberry cake I am currently making to take to Niki's house tonight. We are going for dinner, but no dessert for me! I admit that I have had a cheat (or two) throughout the week, but as of yesterday, was still 3 lbs lighter. I will weigh in again in the morning...once a week is ideal for me...and being on Sunday I can either be praising God, or asking for forgiveness. :) (only on Sundays though) :) I have yet to find the measuring tape, but have my pad of paper all ready for that. I am trying to reprogram myself to admit that house cleaning is now viewed as exercise for me....if I do what really needs to be done...I feel as if I have exercised. Bicep curls=lifting laundry baskets, or strength training. Hopefully I am killing two birds with one stone. Making conscous efforts will go a long way: parking out further at WalMart, etc.

Thursday with Niki went well, so to speak. She heard things she really didn't want to hear, and I could tell she was depressed before we got home. Looks like this isn't going to be pretty, and she will probably lose her hair after all. She is waiting for her plastic surgeon to release her before treatment can start, so we will hear more on that maybe next week.

You both sound like you are doing great at this! Keep up the good work! Since we are blogging our struggles, thoughts, etc everyday (note to self), I thought we need to list at least one of our victories each day. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a little victory-something positive that we did that day.

Here is mine for today: chose a diet soda for lunch instead of the coke I normally crave! Little yes, major yes! Baby steps, baby steps. We will get there. I have the picture taken of us at your house Erin, (I will try to get it on here somehow) and I am excited to see what the three of us will look like in a couple of months. I need to make shorter goals, so I need to really sit down and think about this. My week was full of everything, and everyone else but me, but I think it will slow down for the next week or two before reving back up again. Did I spell that right? Anyway...here are some things I found this week:

Talapia: Gorton's Premium Talapia is great. Yes, it is fried, then we bake it (just like regular fish sticks) but this is really good. The fat content wasn't bad and served with a veggie and salad, made us a great little meal. Keaton ate two helpings! Caleb said, "Mom, this chicken is great!" :)

Erin: good going on the water in the A.M! Just make sure you drink it iced 30 minutes before eating breakfast.

Interesting possibility: the 12 Second Sequence by Jorge Cruise. Check it out and let me know what you think. It runs about $13.00 at WalMart...more expensive on the internet.

Okay, now I must go. hmmmm...I think I am going to go poke my strawberry cake and fill it with jello instead of icing it. Every calorie counts! Talk to you guys tomorrow.

No comments: