Monday, January 7, 2008

Reality meets Truth

Hey guys...by the end of the week I only lost a pound. (darn water weight) But better than gaining. We have a young pastor at our church who has lost 90 pounds since March, and he gave his "how I did it" story last night at church. Bottom line...healthy eating and exercise. I actually pulled some things from it and was actually "okay, good for Erich" when he said, "James 4:17 says if a person knows good and does not do it, it is sin." Then he went into how our bodies were created and what it means to be a living sacrifice. Ouch, that one hurt. So, this morning I saw new mercies and got up at 5. By 5:45, I had already had my quiet time and was working out. Success: I made it through the Firm's Cardio Sculpt for the full 60 minutes. It has been over a year since I put that tape in...and I could tell it. I crindged every time I heard and felt my knees scraping over themselves, and I was very careful about form and intensity. I actually ate pretty healthy today, but it seemed like I was eating all the time. That is the one aspect about eating healthy...your mind is constantly on what should I eat? Is this good for me? Is this a smart choice? ...I get so bogged down with all of the calorie counting that I forget that it isn't about the food, but about God. My goal is to get to where I don't worry if the chicken sandwich is loaded with calories, but rather one of God would be happy with my decision no mater what I was eating. hmmm....think on that one.

Erich gave some good one liners that I thought I would share:

*Start with small changes*Plan what you eat*Plan when you exercise*Learn discipline...look in the mirrow at yourself everyday and become accountable to the person looking back*More changes mean MORE changes*Try losing 1 pound/wk for the first month*Exercise 20 mins every day*Be intentional*Learn how to be guiltlessly full*"Results are up to me"*I deserve to look and feel good*Reeses Blizzard have 950 calories ...in a medium*Take care of the temple because that is one major way we show God we care about what HE created.* He recommends the book "the 2 degrees difference"*

Yeah, fun night. So, at 5 a.m, Paul and I both got out of bed and began our day the right way. I am doing "Total Heart Health for Women" workbook by Dr. Ed & Jo Beth Young...not just a diet plan, but shows how to care for yourself with Spiritual Energy In (daily Bible reading with questions), Spiritual Energy Out (a worship exercise with a prayer focus) and then a diet plan. I haven't really followed the diet yet, but love the spiritual energy aspect of it. Here are two nuggets for you guys to think/ponder on:

*God wants ALL of me to be holy. Every part of me should show evidence that I AM set apart for God*

*Worshiping the true God revealed in the Bible leads to a healthy lifestyle.

Words of wisdom, wouldn't you say? Well, I am now going to go measure myself. I think I am also going to take photos of myself, print them out to hang on the inner face of my personal linen closet in my bathroom, and then destroy/delete/blow-up/set fire to any evidence.Talking about a negative motivator, but it just may work! I'm really happy with my day, even though I was focused on the food all day. Baby steps, baby steps. Paul printed out the scripture in James for us and put it on our fridge:

"SO, FOR THE PERSON WHO KNOWS TO DO GOOD, AND DOESN'T DO IT, IT IS SIN."

Here is my information: As of January 7, 2008: 204lbs
Daily Goal: to have quiet time in the morning and do at least 30 minutes of exercise
Monthly Goal: to lose 10lbs by January 31st.
Bigger Goal: to lose 50lbs by Memorial Day, May 26th
Ultimate Goal: to wear a size 12 (I'd love to be a 9, but I am still a mom, and just don't know if these hips could ever see high school sizes again.). If I could hit this ultimate goal, I really don't care how much I weigh.Wouldn't that be nice.

Okay, I want to hear your goals...attainable, reachable goals...may take some work goals. If I'm going to dream...might as well dream big."Dream Big" by the Martins...great song. Oh, and I think I am going to watch Facing the Giants again just to get a boost of motivation. Bad acting, but I love that movie. Oh well...do I really talk this much when I am actually talking? Poor friends. :) Tune in tomorrow for the continuation of the Sammi Saga.


We know what is good for us...for His creation. Onward girls, onward.

No comments: