Thursday, January 24, 2008

Walk Blameless!!!

Oh girls...we better be listening...it is not a coincidence that you two are experiencing this "what is God going to do through me" revelation. In August, God started pricking my heart about how he used just normal, everyday people to change lives, nations, generations. Of course Christmas came, and I once again was in awe at "little ol Mary." Well, since the first of the year...it has been like God is saying...little ol Samantha...now, don't get me wrong, I am in no way comparing myself to the mother of Jesus, but just hear me out.

We are currently studying Genesis in Sunday School...again, I was really touched about how Noah believed God, and only through that belief, was his family saved. Noah, just a normal guy...given the command by God to act anything but that. Do you think Noah was really thinking why God had chosen him? "What makes me so special? I'm just living my life, worshipping my God...no big deal." Long story short, I let that nudging subside only to find myself in this Beth Moore study of the Patriarchs: the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Well, once again, she brings to mention God bringing forth his commandments/covenants to the world through people just like us. I then had this little voice say..."people just like you, Samantha." Wow...is it even fathomable for us to think that God is writing history through us? Through our obedience and disobedience? Is our purpose here to be mommy to our wonderful children, or could God be wanting to do BIG, BIG things through us? Whatever it may be, you guys have to admit that it is more than just strange for all 3 of us to be getting revelations like this. Michelle, I know you "know" all of the right answers, and I think it is more than okay to ask ourselves that from time to time...do I really know? Remember, salvation comes from hearing the Word, Accepting the Word, and Believing the Word. It is that process of faith that makes it so easy, and yet it is that same process that Satan trips us up on. "It is written in the Scriptures, that you MAY KNOW." Praise God that you have had a tug! If it isn't right, I have faith in you that you will know it, and that if you realize you don't have it, that you will do what you know to do to make it right. Say that three times. I personally don't think that if you weren't truly saved, you wouldn't be struggling with this. That is the last thing Satan wants you to do...to start thinking about it. He does, however, wants us to worry about it. The more we worry about it, the less faith we have to believe it. And if I recall correctly, you and I were having this same discussion on my couch, both bellies poking straight out, and you were counseling me! Bottom line...you believe Jesus died for your sins, and was raised to live again to make our way to the Father. Now, the question remains, what is God trying to do through each of us? Is it too much to wonder that? Could he possibly be wanting to change our lives, generations and nations through the three of us? Scary, isn't it? Just something to ponder. Here are just a few things that screamed at me this week through my study:

*God called Abram out of the land of UR. Our UR could equal Usual Routine. "When He tells you to leave one place as He told Abram, He has another place for us to go.

*God may not reveal the destination for a while, but we can rest assured we're never called out without being called to!

*All God told Abram about his ultimate destination was that He would show it to him. It was as if He were saying, "The only way you're going to find it is to walk with Me. When we get close, I'll show it to you."

*What is our UR? Our usual routine? God calls us to leave our familiar spiritual countryside-our ruts, our comfort zones, and every hint of mediocrity-and "go" to a place He will show us. Let's go the distance.

*We can be sure the people of God to whom promises come will be tested. ***LISTEN UP, MICHELLE...THIS ONE IS FOR YOU.... For God to strengthen our faith, He must allow us to find cause to doubt. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*The weakness of God's children do not strain the strength of God.

After reading the week's chapters in Genesis, I paraphrased Gen. 17:1... God told Abram to do one thing...put your name in there instead of Abrams..."________________, I am Almighty God, walk before me and be blameless." I actually printed it out and have it a couple of places in the house. Helps me keep some perspective...hope it helps you guys

Let me know if this is striking you girls like it did me. Coincidence? I think not. Smile and know our pictures are on God's refrigerator!




Love you two!

Sam'


FYI...Niki begins chemo on Monday...I will be driving her on Monday and Fridays, so I will not be home from about 9:30 a.m. - 11:30. After her first 4 weeks are done, I will just be taking her on Mondays.

Michelle...thanks for sharing...that is what sisters do. Erin...anything you can get on Weight Watchers without violating copyright stuff will be great. Hey, I'll get whatever I can.


Love you guys!

No comments: