Saturday, January 12, 2008

Feeling Rather "Red" Tonight

Well, do you guys ever have one of those days that you just firmly believe that the world is just made up of incompetent people? Tonight was one such night. This would ordinarily be a night where I'd eat to feel better, but alas, I didn't give in (rather, Tim didn't). We found the floor tile that we like at Menards, but as all things right now seem to be for us, the tile is discontinued. We searched and called around to find another Menards that carries it and found one in Homer Glen, an hour away. I called, talked with Cindy (couldn't tell whether she was a she or a he) and she said they had 20 boxes of it in overstock, and several more boxes on the floor. I ordered it, paid for it all and the order was faxed to them. Tonight, Tim and I cook dinner for everyone, eat, get the kids ready for bed, borrow my brother's truck and drive out to Homer Glen. I get there and the guy goes to get the tile and upon further review of the tile, finds that it isn't the tile we are looking for and proceeds to tell me that they don't have any of the other tile to give us. What in the world is the point of calling ahead to verify, if they verify wrong? I'm not the smartest person in the world, but I know better than to send someone driving for the wrong tile! Seriously. What is God [trying] to teach me here? I get this a lot from people. The stone on our house, though it looks really nice and they did a great job, is the wrong color. It is too dark and now it has to be corrected somehow because I think it looks bad. I'm all ears here dying to learn something about myself or something here to make all these calamities worth while, but I'm not getting it. ARGH!

Well, this is a momentous occasion...tomorrow morning, for the first time in over 6 years, Tim will be going with us to church, YIPPEE!!!!! Now, watch, we will be late because he is going to throw off my routine.

That is just a little of our good news along with the bad and ugly. I am glad to hear about your book, Sam, and would love a copy when all is said and done!!! What a cool opportunity and perhaps an unseen direction for your talent to go! We should collaborate together, the three of us, and write a book and have you illustrate it. How fun would that be?

As for you, Erin, I pray that your visit with your family went well, after all was said and done. Blessings come under the guise of many things...perhaps this is one of them.

As for a bit of encouragement, I'm not sure if I have much except to say that no matter how bad, mad or sad we feel, no amount of eating (chocolate, shakes or powdered donuts) is worth the disappointment we have in ourselves after the fact. That pleasure is fleeting. What sticks around is the feeling of knowing that we are more pleasing to God when not giving in to gluttony, we are more pleasing to our family by being able to present ourselves healthy to them (ie, being in shape to play with them), wholly committed to good habits for us and for them, and more pleasing to our husbands who, in the end, really just want us around for the long haul.

I have resorted to rambling...that is a bad thing. I will let you all go and just leave off by saying, we are beautiful women, to each other, to our husbands, but most importantly, to God. His opinion of us far out ranks everyone else's, especially our own, and He loves us even when we have eaten the whole can of frosting, He would just rather we talk to Him instead of taking matters in our own hands, vainly trying to feel better. Goodnight!

No comments: