Friday, January 4, 2008

Thrifty, not weak...


Alright, I admit I indulged, sorta...As I told Erin, it went like this...my mom got each of the kids a fairly large caramel apple coated in m&m's. For lunch the other day, I fed them a healthy meal of 2 graham crackers, a half a ham and mustard sandwich, a chunk of velveeta and a slice of an apple. If they ate well, they could have 1/4 of the caramel apple. I opened one up, cut it in 4 chunks and gave each of the kids their piece. 2 of them didn' t want theirs. You wouldn't have wanted me to have thrown them away now, would you??? They were over 5 bucks a piece. I then decided it should be counted as my once a week...So, indeed it was all for the love of saving a penny and had absolutely nothing to do with the caramel covered, perfectly tart granny smith apple with m&m coating. Really!

No comments: