Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Power to the People!

Well, I just got back from the Patriarchs, Beth Moore bible study! Wow, if that doesn't inspire one! Hope you guys are doing well. I'm hanging in there...wearing my little ankle weights all day, doing leg lifts while cooking, and squeezing my butt anytime I can. :) Hey, I've realized that I can't always get up at 5 and be done exercising before speeding everyone around to leave for school. So I am trying to get what I can where I can until something else pans out. We will hopefully get the pool up in a couple of months and then I can do water aerobics. I've talked to some trainers who have told me to forget the gym membership because of my knee problems...not much left to do if you can't lunge, squat, run or jump. Only thing that is left is arm weights, and I already have those here. I may try my free Curves (for 2 weeks) and see how that helps on the jump start. I could so kick myself now...I always wanted to run a marathon...now that Dr.s say I can't, that stinks. You know, it always stinks when someone else takes that power from you. But bottom line, I took that power away from myself. Now I know my knee problems aren't due to just extra weight, but looking back now, I could have done so much to maybe prevent where I am today. We have that kind of power...power to take care of our bodies so they can take care of us longer. Power that stares Satan and screams, "MY GOD CAN DO ANYTHING, AND WITH HIM ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!" I'm striving to have that kind of power today. Let's pray ourselves through! Let's power up!

No comments: