Saturday, January 5, 2008

Technically speaking...

Well, it's one thing for me to drop my precious sweets...that hasn't been so bad. In fact, the only slip I have had in that department was the half a caramel apple. Not bad. I really can't count that as any diet of sorts since I have eaten unhealthy meals. Breakfast, not so bad...I usually have eggs (yes, the cholesterol), though today it was plain Cheerios. But Tim and I were taking care of house stuff from 10am or so until 10pm...we ate Arby's for lunch and BK Whoppers for dinner. Now, I had water with all that, but I wonder how many calories I consumed in those 2 meals?!?! Technically speaking, my problem now isn't sweets, it's fatty foods. I don't believe I will be seeing 3lbs shed off anytime soon. I have been doing alright not eating unless I am hungry, but at Erin's last night, I dropped what, 5 pieces of pizza??? And I still felt hungry. Perhaps that's the difference between good food and empty calories.

Erin, I think your running is awesome. I have always wanted to be able to do that. I'm just too lazy, I think. I can't stand getting up that early. Speaking of getting up early and all...can we try and do not only food accountability here, but also spiritual accountability??? I really need it right now and I know that my lack of spiritual discipline is weighing heavily on my lack of personal discipline. I have goals here, but not all of them are weight related. The weight/sinful eating habits are just one of the many byproducts of spiritual neglect in my life and I am tired of it!

Sam, we all know that housework is a workout. You know how easy it is to work up a sweat just doing laundry? I don't know that doing my laundry will offset my whopper tonight, but perhaps with all the water I am drinking, I will get rid of it sooner. Don't I wish it worked that way? As for Niki, what should we specifically be praying for? Do either of you have specific requests?

Alright, I'd go burn some calories tonight still like Erin got to do, but somehow the "exercising" doesn't last as long with a baby in the room...go figure. Just for kicks I am going to weigh in and then go to bed.


This stupid scale has GOT to be wrong. I was wearing nothing but my socks (really hot looking...should I post that picture???) and the scale read 197.5 from 202.1. Not that I am complaining. Let me try again in the morning and see what happens. Something must be going on. All that water is making me poop like a rabbit, only not so small and pellet-like...wouldn't that be nice?!? :-)

No comments: