Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saturday Evening

Glad to hear from you, Sam. 3 pounds - way to go! I think I do need to invest in a scale. I like the idea of weighing on Sunday. Next payday will be scale day too - that's the 15th. Hopefully by then I'll see three pounds or so gone too. Still can't find my tape measure...

Yes, if you figure out how to post that picture of us, that would be a great "BEFORE".

Success of the day: Jogged through the slushy neighborhood. Just trying to get my legs back so it was probably only twenty minutes. I didn't time myself or anything, I just went. I know you two think I'm crazy, but I really enjoy jogging. It's MY thing, you know? And if I can do it in January nastiness, I can do it any time! My goal is a half marathon at the Sunburst (College Football Hall of Fame to Notre Dame stadium) on May 31. I have a loooonng way to go, but I am hoping better eating habits contribute to better overall success & energy with jogging.

I did have my treat of the week this evening. A nice ice cream sundae with leftover toppings from New Year's Eve. I enjoyed it with my family. What a novel idea. Instead of waiting until they all go to bed and I can be alone with "my precious" chocolate, ice cream, whatever, I served my family and myself at the same time. I sat down with them and tried to savor and enjoy each bite. It was weird, because I wasn't even craving the stuff, but I didn't want to miss out enjoying a treat with my family. Another novel idea - a treat actually being a treat. This is something I want my whole family to realize - a treat only qualifies as a treat if it is occasional. Otherwise, it is just a continual indulgence.

Well, I must go. My husband is wanting some quality time... hope this cuts a couple more calories from that ice cream sundae. Later.

No comments: