Sunday, January 13, 2008

Greetings from Pouty!

WooWoo...lost 3 lbs this week. I was just happy to see something happening! Made me smile, and I actually enjoyed a little cobbler after lunch today with a smile on my face. If this isn't teaching me anything else, it is teaching me that I can still enjoy some treats, and still be rather healthy. But I have to make a confession...I was mad these last couple of days. ABOUT FOOD. Oh, for the love of God. Food?! How ridiculous is that? I'm so embarrassed to say that, but it had me pouting and pointing fingers at everyone and everything. Not only was I mad about not having anything in the house that would fill that urge, but I was mad at the fact we are right on target with our budget for groceries, etc. Since we have been doing the Ramsey thing, if we got to where we needed (i.e. wanted) something, we would just transfer cash from one envelope to another. This month was a little strange just because we came back from vacation and had absolutely nothing in the house to begin Jan with, and with some of the extra stuff we did while we were away, we were shorter on actual cash flow than what was expected. Don't get me wrong, God provides for us just fine, ...we were just trying to come home with a couple hundred dollars in our pockets. We did have money left over from traveling, but just not what we had hoped for. Anyway, we are trying really hard not to envelope hop...it is more of "let's see if we can do this," instead of not having anything. All of that to say, I didn't want my spaghetti today, I wanted to eat out! But, $6.00 wasn't going to buy my lunch, and quite honestly, I didn't want to share with anyone either! :) We get a new budget on Tuesday, and half of me is still unhappy(although pleasantly full) and then half of me is saying, "only 2 more days until our goal is met!" Okay, is there a child in the room? Really? I never realized my addiction to food had so many "subcategories" under it. So, that is my confession...I was mad because I couldn't eat what I wanted to eat...as simple as that. Boy, I have a lot of work to do. Don't like that part of me! You know they say 30s is all about finding the true you. Well, I'm almost 40 and can I find someone else, please? Arrrgh!

Michelle, oh how I remember the building phase of this house. I honestly don't know if our marriage could hold up to another building. Do you remember the problem we had with our brick? Remember that we HAD to build because there were no houses(trailers, hotels, barns) available to live in after Hurricane Rita hit....we moved here 2 weeks later. We finally got our brick delivered and by the time I came to check on it, they had bricked 1/2 of the house...in the wrong brick!!! I wasn't a happy camper...I had lived with my mom long enough, and by that time, I just wanted to get in. Bottom line...brick is brick, stone is stone...you can be mad as long as things are kept in perspective. Y'all remind me of that! Hello! Kettle, this is pot! You will have a beautiful home when it is completed, and no matter what, you will get what God wants you to have. He may really like the color of stone that is up? ummmm....something to think about. :)

Erin, I have prayed for you guys! My codependency issue frets over not being able to fly up and help you with something. Wish I could be there to give you a hug--know that I am doing so from here. Call me if you need to talk. Try to keep focus in it all...I know it will be hard, but I know you can do it. You are one of the strongest people I know!!!

I'm really missing you guys, but am so glad that we are doing this together. Even when I don't have time to blog at that very moment, I enjoy checking to see if either of you have made an entry.. What fun.

Goals for the week? You have one? Some? My goal is to get exercising again...someway, somehow. I'm going to a Knee Arthritis Seminar on Wednesday, so I am hoping to get some good information from there. I'm starting to feel like I can do this no carbonation thing. I've done it before, but boy, does a can of COKE look good right now...my own little Densel Washington! :) Hope you got that. Okay, I am full, tired and it is Sunday...I need no other excuse to go take a nap! Have a great day. Love you guys!

No comments: