Monday, February 18, 2008

God, is that you?

Hey there! Michelle, it was nice to sit down after my workout at Curves to read your blog. I have a two-week pass, so I am going to hit it hard while I have a chance...hoping it may jump start some weight loss. Curves is about my limit until the pool is up. So, success #1 is that I worked out today-even though I was the youngest there, I was breathing heavier and harder than anyone else...I wanted to make sure I was hitting my target zone, and if you know curves, you can move as little as you want. Thought if I was spending my time, it might as well be worthwhile! Success #2 is that I actually did get some quiet time in today...matter of fact, I did two days of the Beth Moore study today, which usually takes about a hour per day. I got the kids busy with other things with a reward of going to the park afterwards. It still amazes me that God gives me just what I need, just when I need it. I am currently 3 1/2 weeks behind in this study, but I am determined to catch up. Today, this is what I read: (in regards to renewing of the mind daily) "I decided that I not only needed my conscious mind renewed, but my subconscious mind renewed. In fact, I began to pray, "God, invade my dream life, my thoughts when I sleep, and every closet in my brain. Put your truth in the innermost places of my mind, even those I don't know exist." Then...here is the kicker..."God, fill me so completely with Your Holy Spirit that even my reactions and sudden impulses are godly!" Did God know I was fighting a sudden sweet impulse at that moment? Wow...blew me away! So with that, I am going to start praying that God makes my reactions and sudden urges Godly. Sunday night, Nathan said that if we try to do anything with OUR obedience to Him, we will fail every time. We are putting the effort on OUR obedience. Rather lets say, "God, I love you so much that I don't want to do _______________ because I KNOW it will make you unhappy, and how can I do that to someone who loves me so much!

So, what do you think our Tuesday goal should be? I will be willing to do a study and post about it. Got any good ones? I love Beth Moore, but her studies are very intense and you can get very behind in a short period of time. Do either of you have any ideas? Let me know. Michelle...like the traveling trophy thing...would we actually mail it to the other? Something else I am going to try is "visual therapy." I've always heard it worked, but never actually tried it. Put together a collage page of your goals...pictures of things that will help you get there. For me...right now my biggest thought motivator would be us going to Tennessee in late June. We are there for a week with family that we haven't seen in almost 2 years. I would love to walk to the pool without being embarrassed to the point of not going. Maybe pictures of family, kids, husband, a cute outfit. I am also going to get a CD of my fun, feel-good music...like Coco Moes ? Anyway, you get the picture. So, I think I am going to do that tomorrow, along with doing some ab, leg, and arm work, and of course, Bible Study. We can do this...I need some more support, lots more support, but down deep, I really think we can do this! Love you guys!

No comments: