Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What are you laughing about?

That is what Chris just said. He's reading the paper in the other room and I am catching up on five missed days of this precious blog and rolling on the floor. Thanks for the visual, Sam. And the response, Michelle. I think I did at least twenty sit ups worth of belly laughing!

I'll start with the bad news. I have not been able (Okay, I admit it - WILLING) to let go of the sweets this past week. I will blame it on a worse than usual menstrual cycle. I was seriously an emotional weirdo wreck last week - so much so that Chris was like - do you need to switch your pill or something? Anyway, I am back to sanity and my goal starting as I type this for the week is to not eat sweets, but find a healthy alternative through Friday. I know, that was my goal last week and I failed miserably. Somebody needs to think of a good consequence for me if I cannot stick to it this time. Any ideas?? Or a good reward if I can do it.

Good news. I did meet my February weight goal. I weighed yesterday and am 149.5! Now that I am under 150, I don't want to go back over -which will only happen if I can MODERATE my food intake!! I fit back into my favorite Calvin Klein jeans - I was so happy that I wore them yesterday and today. Obviously, these minor successes have happened because I have stuck religiously to my training schedule. The hard work in that area is paying off.

But, back to the eating thing, when my miles increase I really need GOOD food to keep me properly fueled and all. So I really need to get it together with the food. And, it goes back to - the last time I spend quality time with the Lord is last Thursday. What have I been doing instead of leaning on Him during an emotional time? EATING. Uggghhh!

Okay, so - my revised goal is that I need to spend time with the Lord INSTEAD of chowing. So, for the next three days I want to try out those Psalm snacks - or whatever they are called. And blog EACH day to let you know how I am doing. (Okay, I admit I avoided the blog because I didn't want to admit I failed at last week's goal. Sorry, girls!)

Enough about me - how are you girls doing? Seems like you each have some great things going on and are moving in the right direction. I am so proud of you both. Sam - post a picture of your collage if you get a chance! I'd love to see it.

Also, you are both lovely and wonderful and loved by God exactly as you are wherever you are in life. Isn't that awesome - he will NEVER stop loving us no matter what.

Time to go - Chris is done with the paper and it is ... American Idol time!

No comments: