Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Just for me

Hey girls...sorry, no new revelation. Well, besides the one that I need to blog for me, and not for just something cute for you two to read. Allbeit, that is fine, but it isn't working for me. I have to get my butt in gear. Just got finished watching the biggest loser, and although no one in a normal life setting could lose weight like that in a real world, watching the show does motivate me. So, after I finished the show, I changed my clothes, and grabbed Caleb. He is always wanting to take pictures, so I let him have his debut. It sounds sick, but it really isn't. I just put on my workout gear and had him snap three pictures. He was so proud of himself, but I actually have to admit that I was rushing him through it in hopes that he isn't later traumatized by it later. My workout clothes are a lot like the ones on TV, so I think I'm safe. Lord, please let us be safe. Anyway, I took a long look at myself and am really surprised at how I look. Why is it we never seem to see ourselves as we really are? Anyway, pictures were printed out, taped on the inside of my personal bathroom closet, and then erased off the camera. I've had an extremely hard time staying motivated, so I'm hoping this will help. Tomorrow is the first day of lent, and although there is no Catholic relation, I think it is good for us to give up something for the Lord. So, here it is: I'm giving up all cokes. All cokes...light ones, dark ones, diet ones, decaffinated ones. Yes, this will need prayer. But seriously, why do we find it so hard to give up something so little for our Lord? Makes me really examine my relationship with Him. So, water it is! And an additional glass of green tea or two. Unsweetened and decaffinated as well. I've had a hard week this past week(s) and I am tired of postponing what is best for me. Why do I sabbatoge my own health? Why and how do I get to the point of where I just don't care. For the love of Pete, I am only 38, and those photos taken tonight make me look at least 10 years older. Erin, I don't think those cute jeans could even help me in these pictures. It showed how dehydrated my skin is, the horrible shape of my hands...not to mention the added beauty of my damaged nails and arthritic joints. These are all things that I should be taking pride in taking care of, and yet I don't. I've always said it is because I don't have enough time...well, let me get off my lazy a...pple and do something about it. I don't want to wait until I'm in the hospital, looking at my kids, wondering why I didn't do something about it when I could have. Okay, I'm off the soap box now, and feel better. No, I'm not beating myself up. Sometimes a nice, swift kick in the pants can do the trick. Kick girls, kick! I need this accountability. I need this tough love. I am asking you for it, so don't let me down. Do this for me. I love you guys!!!

Good notes: I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah today. (yeah, I sat on my sick hiney all day) He gave some good info on anti-aging stuff, so when you guys get time, check out her website.

Let's share some good note stuff! I'm checking this blog everyday...sometimes twice a day. Now, I am going to love on my house a little while I still feel like it, take my medicine, take a bath, do my nails, lather up in some vicks, and read. AHHHH! :)

No comments: