Monday, February 11, 2008

I am here...really

Well, even though it never feels like it, I am alive and well and just pooped to no end. Can I tell you all that I cannot wait until I move into this house of ours?!? That's an understatement! I just went back and read all the posts I have missed lately...around 7 of them. Speaking of clutter (in one of the more recent posts) I feel so completely out of sorts lately. I am disorganized, nothing feels clean, I have to clear off my bed to be able to get into it at night and am ever so grateful that Tim is gone for a week so that I don't have to feel guilty that the rooms we occupy aren't clean. I am too tired to be doing this, but like one of you said, I need it. Hope I don't write a novella here.

I listened to a great Midday Connection today. Every Wednesday they are doing a review on a Bible study they are doing together with other midday listeners called "A Woman of Moderation." I will send some points on it later, if I remember to, but I think I'd like to buy the study and do it myself...don't know if either of you have the time to add something like that to your schedules or not, but at least check out the podcasts. Sam, get Paul to set you up with itunes and then subscribe to Midday Connection and get these podcasts to listen to. SO MANY great points to not being a person of moderation, especially where food is concerned and this time they give credit to the Fulfiller of all voids. We obviously eat to fill a void (hunger, boredom, stress, emotions...). At times our void truly is hunger, but at other and most times, our void is Christ, or at least fulfillment in him. He satisfies our hunger...spiritually. We are not satisfied in Him...we eat or drink or whatever it is. So many principles we already know, but I guess that show really caught my attention and showed me that filling my mouth isn't filling any void. I need to have "prayer meals." Praying through the Psalms was an idea that one lady gave as how to combat the nibbles that we are doing even when we aren't hungry. Being fed that way instead of with food. Pray the craving away. I plan to listen to the podcast again and glean more from it. I listen while I am on the treadmill or the elyptical. If the scale in my brother's bathroom is correct, then I am at 194 or 195. What did I post when we began??? I don't remember except that it was over 200. I am going to fit the size 12 dress I bought for Ruthie's wedding if it kills me. Although, at this rate, perhaps it could be too big?!? Wishful thinking. I have been doing well with sweets and still drinking water primarily, but I still have to get a grip (freedom from) the chains of eating when I am not even hungry. I am trying to wait until I feel that hunger cue and eating then. It has been good since I have been so busy I often don't have time to eat. Now all I have to do is not allow myself to eat fastfood when I am out driving all day. That would be huge.

On a house note, we are all painted (except for my bedroom and bathroom as all my bedding is packed away and I have nothing to match paint to), my dad trimmed out doors today and the flooring is about halfway laid (the tile) so cabinets can come in soon. It is so close you guys. I can smell the carpet. Ok, I am falling asleep here. Goodnight!

OK, I didn't make it up this morning, and I won't tomorrow again if I don't get to bed.

No comments: