Saturday, February 2, 2008

New month...New germs

Hey guys...getting geared up to begin our new month...1 lb heavier than Jan. 1. What's up with that? Spent most of the day with Caleb at the doctor's office yesterday. He has been running that fever since Tuesday, but like I said before, no other symptoms. Well, envy girls, envy...I get the mom of the year award!!! My son not only has STREP, but has the FLU as well. Oh, and I have strep too. Well, I guess it is strep...I got the flu shot, but my throat gets so raw...mainly at night. Paul just got home from Houston yesterday and let me sleep until 11 this morning. I would get up every 2 or so hours and go to the bathroom, and then crash for the rest of 118 minutes! I got up, made lunch, went over finances, and ready to take a nap with the kids. The girls are holding their own for now, but we have med for them just incase. The doctor sounded pretty sure that they all 3 will have the flu before it's over. LOVELY! So, we have lots of soups, drinks, noodles, and hot chocolate to get us through another week. Paul leaves again on Monday and Niki's second week begins. I have to get someone to take her and sit with the kids since I will be out of pocket this week. I have met some characters in the chemo center. Wow...makes you really thankful to just be sick with strep. Anyway...I just haven't been talking alot, and so is why I haven't called. We are just laying low this weekend, and trying to get back up on my feet before Paul has to leave again.

I watched WGN News last night and saw where Chicago and NW IN got hit hard with snow these last couple of days. We began last week in the 30s and it is 70 right now. No wonder we are all sick. Erin, hang in there...and be on guard...Satan knows right when to attack...even when we don't. I'm proud of you for shoveling snow. Don't think that would have been on my list of to dos. :) Hug your families for me. Love you both!

Sam'

No comments: