Friday, February 8, 2008

Yeah, Erin!

You go girl! -5...I'll take that any day. I could so see little Jackson saying "are we going again?" That alone made me smile. Since I have become a more emotionally healthy adult, I have realized a lot about my favorite little word, "conditioning." I've decided that there has to be good conditioning as well. My kids are now asking for water because it "is the best thing" you can drink! Sometimes my little vessels of conviction will even ask me, "Mom, is this junk food?" I am looking at is as my own little support system right here at home. Maybe if our actions of getting healthy reflect back on their young hearts, they won't have a problem with this. I've always seen "generational sins" as the alcohol, drugs, etc. in my family. Never once did I see this food sin sneak up on our family. It, too, must stop with me...no more passing down.

Erin, I did see just a tid bit of Oprah yesterday. I have to make sure I'm not watching TV during that time of the day because that is when I do most of my mindless eating. I thought it was interesting too. Especially, as I sat around and saw all of the chaos piled on top of the 7 loads of unfolded clothes on my couch. I started looking around at those I know with messy houses, and they are all overweight. Well, with the exception of my dad, but that is a whole other story! Hmmm... it does make you think, doesn't it. So, with that being said, I need to go fold clothes. I am feeling better and I may be able to make it to 4 before pooping out. We are to have a date night tonight...taking the kids to Parent's Night Out at the church...but don't know what we are going to do. No, doubt that. :) Anyway...have a great day! It is to be in the 70s here for the next 5 days, so we hope to get out into some fresh air. Love you guys...thanks for blogging Erin...it helps me so much to read your thoughts. Oh Michelle....where are you? Miss your blogs...take 5 mins, you'll feel better. :) It's good for you!

Sam'

No comments: