Thursday, February 7, 2008

Success

I hear ya about trying to stay away from something you love, Sam. You know me and Starbucks. I am praying for you. It just isn't right for a "thing" to have such a hold on us. God created these things for our enjoyment, but the sin is in the abuse. I know you can do this, Sam. I am so proud of you!

Today I finally got the courage up to weigh myself before I worked out at the Y. I was 150.5! I was really surprised. 5.5 pounds lost! Now, this is the first time I have weighed myself on this particular scale, so I will be looking for additional decreases in the coming weeks; however, I will take it!

I am really sore from running on the treadmill tonight. My body is in shock mode from all this exercising. Jackson said, "We're going to the Y again?" as we were getting ready today. I said, "Yes we are." and I tried not to feel guilty as I said it. I said, "You know how you get to go to basketball practice and have a basketball game every week and Mommy watches you? Well, Mommy wants to be healthy and get exercise too." That seemed to make sense to him. I also felt better when I went to pick them up at the "FunZone". They were playing so well they didn't want to leave. Thank you, Lord!

Did you see Oprah today? This guy was on who wrote this book called Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat? His point was that we get too much "stuff" in our lives for the same reason we "stuff" ourselves - we are trying to fill a void. Of course, there was no mention of the Ultimate Fullfiller, but he did make some good points. He said it is impossible to eat healthy in a kitchen that is chaotic. Interesting.

So - Michelle - where are you in blog world? Haven't seen you here lately. I know I saw you in passing today but its not the same as this little haven.

Sam, what did Paul think of your pictures?

Take care girls!

No comments: