Monday, February 18, 2008

January repeat???

Hello all


I was starting to wonder if we needed to create a new not-as-strict "rule" for February so as to keep the junk away from our mouths. We all know that moderation is the goal...I know that satisfaction isn't in that cake, but I still had some and am constantly thinking about it simply because it tastes good, you know? I think I am personally going to go back to no sweets through March with the once-a-week exception. I enjoy (or at least I work better) having a rule to follow...am I a Pharisee or what...so I think that is what I need. I don't crave the sweets or anything, but with Titus' birthday, we got a Costco cake and holy cow are they good. I haven't yet gone hog wild, but I do think about it all the time. I am going to get to bed early tonight so that I can get up early and have my quiet time. Do you guys think that we would be able to do a study together and post about it??? Is it feasible to set goals and have a reward system for one another? I think there should be a traveling trophy of sorts...maybe something we could wear-a bracelet or necklace or something-that would be a reminder of what we are doing, Who we are doing it for and make it exciting between the three of us. Then send it to the one who, as we read our blogs, "deserves" it. We all like to get rewards, no matter what they are, right?!? Well, just a thought. Right now I think the "I won't" award goes to Sam for not taking those Cokes!!! Great job!!!

Erin, feel good about the fact that you are exercising, but we still need to get the crap out of our mouths in order to live obediently, run obediently, blog obediently, parent obediently. I promise to not take another piece of that cake tonight as I so badly want to...can't say much for tomorrow. Anyone else want to do a mini goal? A one day goal? Oh, and I will also have another glass of water before I go to bed! How did everyone's quiet time go today? I admit I didn't have one, hence early bed time tonight! That will be hard to do, going to bed early, but I know I can't be trusted not to talk myself out of getting out of bed at 6am when I haven't had much sleep!

Alright, I know that was all totally random with no great insights except for the obvious of how much a sinner I am with so much desire to please myself...I long to please My Lord even in what I eat...or better yet, in what I think about eating!!!

love you guys!

No comments: