Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Accountablilty for Hire!

Hey guys...well, the title says it all...I need more accountability. I felt very good about the first fast day, last Thursday, and thought, "hey, I can do this." Well, Friday came along, as well as Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, and I am just now getting back into bible study. I think my pride sat my fall up. What do you think? I actually did okay with the eating over those days, but didn't stick to my planned days of juice, etc. And, I am going to have to do that if I want to lose this weight. I decided to do a reg/half day today since I will be fasting again tomorrow. I need to run to HIM on the other days as well, and yet I get to busy, to legalistic about what I am doing, and forget (isn't that sad) to go to the One who holds my accountability. So with all of that, I started week 3, day 1 today, and hope to be caught up by Friday. Today's lesson has also taught me that I will need to fast from this computer as well. I will only be checking emails, blogs, etc., at night because I am waisting too much time during the day at the computer. I should be cleaning, etc....but instead, I choose to sit here and then complain why my house looks so bad, or why I didn't play with the kids, etc. Those little idols keep creeping up and as I am trying to knock down the food one, I see others stacking up. I don't know if they are just on the rise now, or if it has always been that way and I just didn't see all of the little ones entangled under the big one. Bottom line, an idol is an idol in God's eyes.

Prayer request for this week:
1. That I keep God in proper place-the top! When I do that, I will see more moderation
2. That I keep fear at bay...with swimming, kids, parents, etc.
3. That I keep enough tuned out so that I can hear God when He speaks to me.

Love you guys. Will check back in tonight....maybe. :)

No comments: