Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fullness of God

Good day, dear friends. Wow, today is a good lesson(week 3, day 4). I have some insights and some questions for the two of you. First of all...in regards to yesterday's lesson on how to combat Satan with Scripture, I need some help. I am made too aware of my need for memorization, because I couldn't throw anything back into his face. Please share your Scripture references with me. The rest of this from me today is going to be power points just because I don't have the time to go into full detail because Keaton has already informed me that "her belly is ready for lunch." Wow, out of the mouths of babes. Funny, they know when it is time to eat, and when they are full. Maybe I should take notes from her. :)

*I really didn't know what petition meant, so I looked it up. It means not only to seek, but to rush at and fall down in our pleading. (Can't remember too many times when I petitioned God that way.)

*I am wearing one of the girl's funky plastic rings so that every time I feel it, or see it, I can remind myself that the Lord Almighty wants intimate time with me TODAY! (Just a physical reminder for myself.)

* Slap me in the face!....I was so looking forward to the next time of eating when I did my last fast. I so missed the point. Instead of looking forward to that "cozy" feeling of eating next, I need to fix my coziness on spending that time with the Lord.

*Daniel truly mourned for his sins and the nations. I'm convicted because although I feel sorry a lot of times, I rarely mourn over it. Not good.

*On question 33, one of my answers was that we are to call out to God...don't know about the two of you, but sometimes I feel ashamed to call out to God. I sometimes feel like He knows my sin anyway, so why should I cry out to Him. Hmmm...maybe because I am too embarrassed of my CONTINUAL sin. ?

* Taste and see that the Lord is good. We have done this. I have done this, and not just with eating. God has been so faithful to us, to me, why do we still question that. The Lord has heard me, saved me, healed me, given me physical miracles to see...shouldn't that be enough?

*Psalm 103:5
-who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
(another slap here...He doesn't just satisfy our desires, because our desires are sometimes evil, but he changes our hearts to be satisfied with His good things. I always thought it was our desires that changed...but it looks like it is our heart that changes to desire His good things, and therefore becomes satisfied.)
-I'm not sure what "so that your youth is renewed like eagles" means....??? I'm not certain this could mean that our physical youth was healthier (because we were less likely to sin in our body then) or that we could possibly regain some of that youth with healthier choices. I don't have any references on this...do either of you? Any notes?

Okay, I will leave you both with this prayer. Oh my goodness...sounds like it could be directly out of my mouth:

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. An d I pray that you, being rooted adn established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
--Ephesians 3:16-19

Be filled to the measure of all the fullness! Have a great day! Love you both. Now, Keaton's belly is "really, REALLY hungry." :)

Sam'

No comments: