Thursday, May 22, 2008

Listen...

Ok, I feel like Delilah or Casey Casem with a song dedication, but this one goes out to you Sam...we all know it.

Oh,what I would do to have
the kind of faith it takes To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is,
And he's holding out his hand
But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me time and time again
"Boy, you'll never win,

*****Oh, what I would do to have
the kind of strength it takes
To stand before a giant with just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me time and time again
"Boy you'll never win, you'll never win."

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid!
"and the voice of truth says "this is for my glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
'Cause Jesus you are the voice of truth
And I will listen to you.

Sam, Your giant, too, will fall!

Any "Ahh" moments for me??? Well, my biggest was day before yesterday when my new computer keypad arrived in the mail. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be sitting here able to type normally again. I don't know about any moments with the kids (I feel like I go, go, go all day long and have yet to look at the bigger picture of the kids and seldom sit and enjoy them). I was holding Micah after she had her bottle this afternoon and she was sitting in my lap with her back against me, and she leaned over to one side and turned her upper body so that she could look at me and then she smiled. I appreciated that. It made me feel special to her. Granted, this is a 9 1/2 month old that doesn't have anything better to do, but you guys know what I mean...this beautiful child had to work to get a look at me, and she did and then she smiled. As I sit and type this, I realize the simple lesson I can take from that and it is simply that God cares about me. He knew how I really could have used that tenderness at that moment while my house is not so quietly sitting behind me and all the messes that I have to deal with, but I took time to sit and hold Micah and was blessed by that precious smile.

Is that turning a molehill into a mountain or what?

I also had another moment, but this one took some convincing or something. I sat down to watch the rest of a House Hunters that I recorded yesterday, and I couldn't concentrate on watching it because I kept thinking that for some reason I shouldn't be doing that right now. I was trying to figure out what the deal was, because after all, it was House Hunters...nothing wrong with that show. I kept watching it and I kept having that feeling that I should be doing something else, though what that was supposed to be, I didn't know. I started thinking that if this truly is the Holy Spirit speaking to me, #1 why was it so quite, and #2 I had better listen because probably the reason it was so faint was because usually I ignore that "feeling" and go on. I didn't want it to be quiet forever, so I listened, shut of the TV and then finished up my Bible study from this morning. I was so tired that I kept falling asleep. I couldn't win for losing there, but the good moment was that I heard something, figured out what it was and listened...not without trying to convince myself that it surely couldn't be the Holy Spirit, but I listened nonetheless.

Now, I should be trying to get some work done at the house here so that YESTERDAY'S breakfast can get cleaned up before Tim gets home today. I am so hungry now. God wants me to listen. To listen not only to His voice, but also to my body...I believe that my hunger has never been so loud before, so I haven't noticed actual hunger in a while. That's good. Stay strong and know that God cares about us and whether or not we are abusing ourselves with what we cram into our mouths...we should care too.

No comments: