Monday, May 12, 2008

What Fasting Reveals

Good morning, girls. Hope you both had a nice Mother's Day. Thanks for the well wishes and card, Sam! Although, I am starting to get a complex about my laundry - I had to go throw a load in after I read your card. :)

Unfortunately, I have been rebellious since completing last Thursday's fast. I haven't wanted to confront my food issues and I have been ignoring pretty much every cue that we have been working on. I am disappointed in myself. I did Week 3 Day 3 this morning, so I am also behind in our study. If you two are on schedule, I will try to catch up this week to get through week 4. I am really sorry.

What I found interesting was that the study I did today focused on what fasting can reveal. Uh, hello - just look at my last post. It really can reveal some yucky stuff!! I wasn't really prepared for that. It has revealed my impatience with my children and my selfishness. I don't like it one bit. However, just as anything in life, it is important to get those issues out of the darkness, so if fasting is what it takes, I need to focus more on asking God to reveal what he wants to reveal on those days.

So, I thank God for his forgiveness. He is mighty. I begin today again asking God to help me. I want to eat intentionally. I want to think - and either thank God before I put something in my mouth or renounce Satan with scripture and choose not to put something in my mouth during times I know I am trying to rationalize.

Looking for an update from you two...

Erin

No comments: