Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fairytales?

Michelle, ...how I wished I had some "mature" words of wisdom for you, but fact of the matter is, I don't. I wished I could say that we were all satisfied and content with what we have, who we are, but I can't do that either. Why is that? I sometimes have to wonder if that is just the way God made us, or if that is where Satan came in at. As a child we begin... "I want that!" whatever that may be. We always want better toys, different clothes, more stuff, straight hair, curly hair, or just "some" hair. We want her thighs, her butt, and can't forget her boobs. We want their family, their future, their story. And all the while, we look over and don't even see our own. We don't see our own cars, clothes or homes...our beautifully straight-as-a-board hair, or our tight, curly sassy hair, or even how beautiful it was before or after chemo. We don't see that our legs got us up this morning, and that our butts aren't in wheelchairs, and that our boobs aren't diseased. We overlook our own family "dysfunctional jamboree" gatherings just to look at ones posing as if they don't have any. We aren't satisfied with being able to create our own story, our own legacies for our families because we are so intrigued with reading about Sleeping Beauty's story. When I find myself in that fairytale, I have to remind myself that while Sleeping Beauty was sleeping, God was busy forming my own story...one just as beautiful in His eyes. While she was sleeping, I was/am living! I'm creating, experiencing, molding, shaping, loving! Do you think Sleeping Beauty ever experienced that! She can't have it as good as what she think she does because she has never seen the ugly side. How thankful can we really be for the sunshine, if it never rained? You know, I used to think it was sin and Satan that crept in that made us feel so discontented...but maybe it WAS God...sometimes He creates that need within us so HE can be the only one who fills it! I don't know why some people have certain things, certain families, certain experiences and others don't, but I do know that all of the "junk" in my life creates me to point to who I am in Christ...it is part of my story. Michelle, ...your inlaws are part of yours. Yeehaw...I know, calm down, but they too make you YOU. I'm thankful for that, and you know what...I bet one day you will be a mother-in-law that girls will die to have!!! I know down deep you are happy for Ruthie...Praise God she is marrying into a good family. Just remember...the grass always looks greener on the other side due to more "fertilizer." Yep, there is crap too!!! We just may not see it.

Okay, sorry...just got finished watching "Enchanted" with the kids. It is the only thing that I can watch with Dr. McDreamy in it that I don't fall into sin. :) Yeah, you know what I mean. Anyway, chin up my friends. Let Sleeping Beauty pretend her life away...I'm going to be busy living mine!!! :)

As for the study...I will be ready to begin week 4 tomorrow. Good stuff! Go hug your husbands, and your kids. Tell them all we said hello.

Love you!

Princess Samantha, Prince Sleepy, Grumpy, Scratchy & Whiney

No comments: