Friday, May 23, 2008

Confirmation?

First of all, ...

Michelle, your blog surprised me. After I blogged the last time, I went and popped in our DVD of Facing the Giants. I thought I needed some encouragement in facing my personal giant, and I love that movie. Poor acting, but fabulous plot and great one-liners! Paul watched it with me and we discussed that song you dedicated to me. I told him I felt like this was my life's song. So many times I have voices calling out to me that aren't godly. Then, to see your blog...well, let's just say I felt God give me a hug then. What a confirmation for me. Thanks friend.

Caleb graduated last night, so our summer vacation officially started this morning. We played a lot this week and so now we are busy working so we can play more later. All 3 of them gave me a "AH" moment this morning. Although they were to be cleaning the toy room, I heard all of them talking. I peeped in to see them "dressed up" and "at church." Caleb, of course, was preaching...with his new Bible that was presented to him last night, and the girls were sitting their in their bean bag chairs, legs crossed, plastic high heeled shoes and their story bibles opened on their laps. I quietly went back to folding clothes in my bedroom and listened to Caleb tell the story of Daniel. They finished, prayed, and then I heard, "clip-clop, clip-clop, clip-clop." Keaton comes in to tell me that she is just getting home from church. She lays her bible on my bed, opens it, and says, "Mom, do you know this is God's word?" "He's gots lots of words!" :) Then and there it hit me...I may tell them over and over again to clean their room, pick up their toys, etc., but at least they are remembering the words that mean the most...God's word and that God loves them. It blessed my heart. Now, we are still getting the rooms clean, but I couldn't interupt that church meeting. How blessed I am that I can stay home with them! Well, okay...now I just sent them to their beds for not obeying. :) Everything in moderation, right?

Love you guys!

Sam'

No comments: