Monday, May 19, 2008

Priceless!

Good morning friends! Michelle, I hope you aren't upset...I was actually just trying to encourage you, and we all know we fight the comparison struggle. Anyway, I will awaken you with a funny...go figure.

Last night was our Children's Choir Concert and Awana awards. Let's just say if people within our large congregation didn't know the Grabers, they do now. Keaton and Bailey's class was up first, and since Keaton has this little yeast infection and feels the urge to go every 15 mins, I made sure she went twice before the program started. Their class was the smallest, our girls being 2 of the 6 kids. Of course, I dressed them alike, fixed their hair alike, and to be quite honest, they were pretty darn cute! Bailey is center stage and it becomes very obvious that she designated herself as the lead. Nothing shy about this one...standing tall and a little over animated, singing her heart out. Keaton bellowed out her notes as well, and with there being only 6 kids, 3 being boys, you could hear everyone's notes loud and clear. :) (Thank God they get their harmony from their daddy.) Well, as Bailey is nodding her head at her audience, Keaton gets an inch. Yeah, you know where I am going with this. PRAISE GOD I put a pair of shorts on them...nothing short of prompting from the Holy Spirit. Their dresses were adorable white cotton with pink and green flowers, so of course I had white, thin, spandex shorts underneath. Never noticed that these particular shorts were see-through until sitting in the middle of our congregation. Not only does Keaton scratch, she then realizes what she is doing and gets embarrassed and pulls the front hem of her dress up to her mouth. After gracious coaching from her instructor, she releases the hem, only to have the dress stay crumpled up and lifted...not falling back down below her shorts. I never thought of this while starching these 100% cotton dresses. Everyone is laughing so hard that you can no longer hear the beautiful little music! The prompting earlier forgot to tell me to change her underwear as well...her green panties...so now I am sure the Holy Spirit is getting a good chuckle himself as green panties are making their own debut through the shorts. Ummmm, yeah,...I can't color co-ordinate. They finished their songs, smiled pretty, and begin to exit the stage when the dress finally fell into place. Yeah, priceless!

Caleb sang later...has a bigger class, but was right there in front...in front of the microphone. He actually did quite well. Daddy had regained some dignity before Caleb started playing with the tail of his shirt...which doing infront of plaid shorts, looked like he was playing with himself. Camera captured it all, and even though we got great laughs out of it as well, we sat there being quite the proud parents. The night was truly priceless.

Hope you both have a great day. Today is beautiful and is to get close to 90! Got to get the casa cleaned so we can go swimming after we pick up Caleb from school. He graduates Thursday night. Oh, I feel a tear! :) Lots going on this week, and lots of crap going on with family. Pray for me in all of this...things have gotten uglier and attorneys are being notified. I don't want to go into it all because today is too beautiful to start out in a rut, so just pray for my family. I have to remind myself that if God calmed the seas, He can also calm this. Love you!

Sam'

No comments: