Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Getting Started!

Hey again. I just got my hair cut and still had 25 mins until I had to get the girls so I went for a bike ride. A real bike ride...one where you are breathing heavy and not daddling around waiting for 3 kids on bikes! I rode for 1.5 miles against the wind and it took me 10 mins! Shouldn't it take a lot less than that, Erin? I was a little frustrated at the time, but hey, I did it. Now to do my 50 laps in the pool later today and maybe another bike ride with the kids later. Erin, did you smile at the end of your day yesterday? My "ahh" moment was when Caleb was asking me how to pronounce words as I was putting away a basket of laundry. I immediately felt the nudge of the Holy Spirit, put the basket down, and crawled up on his bed with him. The girls were napping so this was the perfect time for the two of us. He read to me and it was great! Ahhhh... and then he got to put his own clothes away, being the big boy he is.

Caleb has been swimming with just arm floaties for a while now. The girls have also been wearing a ring. Last night Paul and I took off the rings and let them just splash around in their floaties. They were so excited. Keaton was apprehensive at first, but then pushed me away and started screaming, "Mommy, I'm Sthwimming!!!" She was so excited she was shaking...literally! What a great feeling for the both of us.

As for me, I was the most comfortable that I have ever been in the pool last night. I am seeing baby steps and that is HUGE for me. We will be back in it today...not going to learn unless we are in it, right? Plus, it is another scorcher today. Love you guys. Do good and look for your "ah" moments...I want to hear about them.

No comments: