Saturday, April 26, 2008

He brings the provision

"He dines with you because you have invited Him into your heart, and you dine with Him because He brings the provision."---Spurgeon

Powerful.

I was up before 5 this morning...nothing to do today, just rest and enjoy our Saturday. But Satan didn't want me to do that either, and so I woke from a horrifying dream that drove me to grab my bible and my study. I had to play catch up with the study, and so I will read everything again tonight just so I can soak it in. My intense dream had caused me to have a GIANT headache this morning, and so now 4 hours later, I am still trying to get rid of it. Bottom line...in trying to "fix" my problem of overeating, etc., I borrowed a book from a friend...called You: on a diet. Overall, not a bad book...just a lot of talk about yoga, etc. I just flipped through pages and didn't even read it, but had laid it on my bedroom dresser. You both know how sensitive my spirit is to stuff like that, and sure enough, I have been having weird dreams(even weird for me!) with this same theme for 3 days now. This morning was so intense that I was almost vomiting. Come to find out, Paul had a similar dream. Funny thing is that as soon as I opened my eyes this morning, the book immediately came to mind. To say the least, it is no longer in my house and will be given back to the friend.

Now I know you two have never had any experience with this kind of stuff, and I'm thankful for that. Some of us are more sensitive to this than others, and I just want you guys to be aware of anything lurking around that could possibly sabbotage your bible study. It took me at least an hour to read Psalms with a clear mind...and not rehashing the images of the dream. God provided me with some quality quiet time and allowed to clear my head so I wouldn't be fearful all day. I've ran across some good tidbits this past week, one of which is "Fear is not a fruit of the Holy Spirit" (I'll keep telling myself that as I learn to swim.)

And I wonder why scripture tells us to "Taste & See." Why not learn and know, or read and understand, or experience and rejoice? Why taste? Could it be that we have to digest things that come through our mouth. Why not "Eat and See?" No, taste...take it in, savor the flavor (Yo-yo-man!), and chew on it a while. You know, like when we taste something for the first time...we are either eager or apprehensive, but we expect something...I think I am eager and apprehensive for this study. And why "See"? Why not smell, touch, etc. Could it be that we often think of concrete confirmation...have to see it to believe type of thing? Just wondering...I'm babbling now, so I guess I better go. Let me see if I can get still and get rid of this headache.

I love you guys...interested in what your thinking.

Sam'

No comments: