Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Taste and see that the Lord is better than chocolate.

Good morning ladies!

I'm at mom's today and am therefore trying to catch up on the much missed blogging. Not to mention, she has all the keys on her laptop still in tact. How much easier it is to type!!!

I will make this (or at least try to) quick. I honestly don't know what soul hunger is (personally feeling it, that is) unless it is simply that feeling that makes you want to eat but you're not hungry. Is it really that simple? I thought that was boredom and a poor use of time. I have been praying to truly FEEL the spiritual side of this study. Going on memory here, but do you all remember on day 2, I think, there was mention of a person getting to the point that they may want to hear God but they can't. I often wonder if I am that person. I pray that I'm not, obviously. I am doing the first plan and had a fast yesterday. I did that fine, oddly, and had my Psalm snacks (though I wolfed those down as I would any snack) and didn't feel satisfied by those snacks...almost as if they were just words. I read the truth, knew it applied to me, but got up and forgot what I had read. That is haste, I know, but my fear is that it is more. Any thoughts? Like you, Erin, and I'm sure you too, Sam, I want to want God more than food...the food tastes so good. God says, "TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD. Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." I want that to be more true to me than anything right now. The donut was far tastier. I will be the first to tell you that I don't overeat on sweets because I have a problem...I just like the taste of the stuff. I realize -a little bit- that that is not completely true, but I want that to be revealed to me more fully. My satisfaction isn't going to be in the double-dippers or the chocolate covered raisins (I still have a couple food traps in the house) but only in God. That satisfaction hasn't been achieved in a long time, if ever, to be honest. I have never seen any parallel between the two, God and sweets. I am slowly seeing there is one. I am being redundant here, I know, but this is my heart. Redundantly wanting to want God more.

Tomorrow at 9 looks good for me as well. What day of the study are you all on? I "took off" on Sat and Sun. I am doing the Psalm snacks on the right days, as well as the eating plan. But I am only on day 3 of the study. How do we want to treat weekends? Perhaps it doesn't matter as long as we are at the same place on Fridays, weigh in day?

Alright, I think that's enough. I am praying for you both. I pray for no sabotage to ourselves, more power over sin and the power of the Holy Spirit to work in us to make us be more like Him and to be pillars of strength for each other.

me

No comments: