Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thoughts of you...made me cry

Our drama team did this presentation this morning at church...two girls on opposite sides of the stage. One...a pregnant girl who had just moved away from her family for the very first time...was put on bed rest as soon as they got to their new home. No friends, family, etc. You get the picture. The story goes that God had been prompting the other girl's heart to reach out to a new neighbor, the one she had never seen, etc. Girl one was so lonely and scared, and was questioning everything ...did they make the right decision, was she going to have a healthy baby, did God even know she was there at all? She had to rely on God to meet all of her needs. Oh, and by the way, the husband was working long hours.

Girl 2 finally meets her after months of busyness and ends up meeting all of Girl 1's needs. Her (girl 1) family lived away and was unable to come after the baby was born, etc. They were both delighted to see how God had met needs in both of their lives. Bottom line...trusting God when it doesn't make sense, and He will use others to meet every need.

Okay, as you can imagine...the lights come up and I am weeping...I can't even look at Paul! People who know about our move to Indiana had searched me out in our large sanctuary and was just smiling at me as if that were my identical story. Caleb is loudly asking Paul why I am crying and he gently says, "she misses her two friends in Indiana!"

Darn you guys...I had mascara all over my face, and it was only 8:15 a.m. What a way to start the day! :) I do miss you guys and hope you had a beautiful Sunday. It is absolutely gorgeous here and we just came in from playing outside. Now, for a speedy relay to get the kids ready for choir. Paul had a deacon's meeting as we prepare for communion tonight. That is going to be interesting...our first time with all 3 kids in with us. Fun, Fun! Love you both and will talk to you soon.

Sam'

No comments: