Thursday, April 3, 2008

One step at a time!

Well, my handy-dandy pedometer shows that I only walked about 3000 steps today. Of course, I wasn't wearing it when I went for my couple of brief walks today, so that should add about 500 more or so. But my goodness, how in the world am I going to get in 10,000 a day without training for a marathon? I guess I will just have to get up and do a quick walk in the morning and maybe one in the evening. I succeeded another day of training, this time...arm work, bicycling, and an evening walk with Paul and the kids once I realized my Biggest Loser DVD was skipping. It wasn't as heart pumping as the video, but at least it was a walk outside. We are having the sand for the pool delivered tomorrow, so I will be busting it moving sand this weekend. We will also be working out at dad's, so I will be getting a workout in even if it isn't completely categorized as a workout. Way to go...just keep working them in anywhere you can!

Some frustration is coming to the surface now ...I think in regards to dad. I first have to find out where it is coming from and why, and then go from there. I need to stay focused and not take things with dad so personally. I should have this down by now, I mean for God's sake, I'm almost 40! (is that taking the name of the Lord in vain?)


Dear Erin,

It was great to hear your voice, even if it was just for a couple of minutes before your husbands all got together for a weekend of games, farting, and scratching. (themselves, hopefully....anything else would be a little too weird!) I'm envious that you girls get to spend more time together. Good for you guys! Yeah, don't worry about little ol' me...sitting here with no girlfriends who want to come stay at my house. I think I'll just go eat some ice cream. :)

Dear Michelle,

Hello. How are you? My name is Samantha. Remember me? The cute, funny one who lives in Texas? Do you even remember how to blog, or has poor little Titus taking that joy from you too. :) Forgive me, but I just couldn't resist! Seriously though, how are you friend? I'll try to call you next week. We are going to see how this weekend goes with dad and how he is feeling. I hate to plan anything right now just because so much has been changing so fast. He is at home and is doing about what we thought he would do, which isn't much. I feel bad in saying that, because he actually can't do much. My frustration comes in where he wants certain things, done certain ways, and none of it really matters much. No, seriously...like what time the chickens get fed. Really...come on...they're chickens! But to him, they are life. Did I mention I was a little frustrated? :)

How is the training going for you? How much do you have left on your goal? When is the wedding? Okay, you girls have fun this weekend, but don't overdo it!

Love you all!

Sam'

No comments: